Sunday, October 20, 2013

Blog 7 Reflection #Etlead


Amber Hanson
Blog 7 Reflection
#Etlead

            I would like to think I have contributed in the learning of others through the reading of my blog, or as a result of my blog responses…but I don’t have any concrete evidence.  I can however, share some of the ideas that I contributed with others on their blogs.  While reading this week’s blog by Margot, she expressed her frustration with figuring out how to grade a project that has been completed in a collective, commutative environment.  Although I don’t express expertise on this matter, I did share how I grade these types of projects within my classroom. Typically the project has several parts to it, in which students will divide up the work.  Students do the research about the topic together, and then using creative efforts, attempt to fulfill their portion of the project.  From there they will need to put the project together and decide on the method.  Once students have worked together for their presentation, they present.  After this student will then ‘grade’ each other on their contributions to the project.  This score given by each group member plays a role in a portion of his or her percentage. 
            Although I’m sure this isn’t the best method, it’s one that I use at the moment, if anyone else has any other ideas on how to do this, please share with me.  You can also share it with Margot if you want to, at her blog: http://margome45.wordpress.com/
            In addition to sharing this idea with Margot, I contributed and extended upon Christine’s blog.  She expressed that in order for a person to take part and contribute to a collective learning environment; they must actually be interested in the topic. The example I used that demonstrated the importance of interest to the success of a collective learning environment was when we were all reading “Teach like a Pirate”. I felt the energy that other members were putting into their blogs.  People were excited to talk about the book; they were excited to share their ideas, success stories and failures.  I was excited to express my own opinions with others and was eager to hear what others were sharing.  But, as we finished the book, I feel the interest and engagement throughout our blogs began to diminish.

No comments:

Post a Comment