Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week 2: Reflection


Week 2: Reflection

After reading several blogs the past few days, I am happy to know that I am not the only one who wanted to type out all those fantastic ideas from TLAP for hooking our students within our classroom!  Just as I was inspired and engaged throughout part 1 of that book, part 2 was just as great.  I really loved reading how other people kept their students engaged throughout their lessons, whether they were an elementary or secondary teacher.  In fact, I liked some of them so much that I ‘bookmarked’ their pages so I can write down some of the ideas they noted, so I can use it in my classroom!  In one post by Ginger, she gave a very useful resource called “26 Keys to Student Engagement” at http://www.angelamaiers.com/2008/04/engagement-alph.html I encourage you all to check it out if you have the time.
Another great blog I read was one in which a teacher explain her failure turned success story from this week.  She realized that when the teacher is not interested in a subject or concept, the students won’t be either.  She was also able to make modifications to a failed math lesson and really turn it around to be something great.  Overall this week’s blogs were fantastic.  It made me realize that although we wish we were always ‘on’ in terms of having an engaging lesson, it’s also not realistic.  It takes time, patience and a lot of planning.  But it is by no means something any of us should neglect.  Engagement is a key contributor to a student’s understand and success!

           

No comments:

Post a Comment