Sunday, September 29, 2013

Week 4: Blog Reflection #etlead


Amber Hanson
#ETLEAD

Week 4: Blog Reflection

            This week I’ve shared a couple resources with people within our class, as well as others here in my school.  Some resources I’ve shared are http://www.teachthought.com/apps-2/the-55-best-best-free-education-apps-for-ipad/, which gives a list of free applications for the iPad that teachers can use within their classroom. More and more frequently teachers are being given iPad to use within their classroom, but with no direction on how to use them, nor a list of apps that are useful.  Too often it seems that the ‘good apps’ cost money.  I was able to share a list of the 55 best free educational apps for the iPad, because we all know, free is good, but free and USEFUL is even better.  Another resource I shared this week was a Prezi I found online in which gave ideas on how an educator can help teach/improve speaking techniques using technology within their classroom.  This resource can be found at: http://prezi.com/o5lb7p1flzry/teachinglearning-speaking-skills-through-effective-techniques-using-technology/ I hope this can be useful to the person I originally shared it with.  I feel that both of the resources I mentioned above are useful within my classroom as well.  The later of which will also be helpful to my Action Research project.
            This past week I was able to part of the WebEx meeting with David Burgess, but due to poor Internet, I was disconnected after about 45mins.  This coming week I hope to attend the twitter session, and aim at hopefully being able to provide additional resources to others within our class.  This next week I hope to collaborate more with people about their mentoring projects. 
            There were a couple resources that others have shared with me that I feel made a difference in my learning.  The two resources were: www.illuminations.nctm.org and http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/vlibrary.html I hope to investigate and use these resources next week, and once I feel comfortable and knowledgeable on them, I hope to share them with the teacher I am mentoring. 
            Overall I believe this week was great and look forward to starting my mentoring project next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment