Sunday, November 24, 2013

Week 12 Reflection #Etlead


Amber Hanson
#ETLEAD
Week 12 Reflection

1. What new resources, curated resources, or ideas did you share this week?

This week has been quite successful in terms of sharing resources with people this week. This week I took a look at several other peoples mentor projects, and commented on 3 of them.

Heather’s blog was one of them.  For her mentor project she is teaching her mentee on how to use a mimio board.  Although I have had zero interaction with a Mimio board before, I know it’s just another brand of an interactive white board.  As a result I know I did some researching and was able to find a site in which I hope she will be able to share with her mentee.  This site is a wikipage.  This wiki provides several lessons that can be used for Elementary or Secondary teachers.  It also provides tutorials, gallery files, Christmas activities, downloads and more.  This wiki page can be found at: http://interactiveboardresources.wikispaces.com/Mimio+Lessons .  Although I do not know of the impact it will make, I am confident that if shared with her mentee, it will prove to be useful in some way.

Another Mentor project in which I read about was Hailie’s.  Her project is to mentor someone in the technolog program-Glogster.  I really enjoyed reading about her project, as Glogster was actually a tool that both her and I used for one of our own projects in the past.  In her next steps she mentioned that her mentee would like to start using glogster as a tool for students to be doing their own projects.  So, in an effort to help I researched possible lessons in which teachers can teach, which would require students to use this tool. The website I shared was; http://www.lessonplanet.com/search?keywords=Glogster&type_ids[]=357917.

Lastly, I read about Andrea’s project.  She was working with her school Librarian.  Her project was to help her librarian find appropriate educational apps for their schools iPads.  I shared with her a few websites that listed apps that can be used within the classroom.  One site was: http://www.appolicious.com/education/articles/13035-top-35-must-have-educational-iphone-and-ipad-apps-used-by-real-teachers-in-the-classroom  Another website I shared was a link to a Scholastic article.  This article provided a list of Apps that were separated by grade level.  This article is located: http://www.scholastic.com/parents/resources/article/more-homework-help/9-great-apps-math-grade-grade-guide


2. What did you intend these new resources, curated resources, or ideas to do in terms of impacting others' learning? 

My intentions for sharing these resources, was to provide my class members additional resources to share with their mentees.  These sites don’t necessarily help them with their project, but instead are aimed at helping the people that they are helping.

3. What was the actual impact (that you could discern)?

As of right now I know it has not made an impact, but if shared with their mentees, I believe all resources could be helpful as they provide additional avenues for success using their new technology tools.

4. What would you do differently next week?

I hope to post my replies to people’s blogs sooner.  I hope next week I can perhaps post replies to blogs by Saturday night, and my reflection on Sunday.  Doing this will give people time to reflect upon what I’ve written and shared.  It will also provide me insights on whether the resources I shared have had any impact.

5. What resources did others share that made a difference to your learning?

There weren’t any resources shared this week, but Barbra gave me an idea on some next steps I could take for this project.  She suggested perhaps having students teach concepts to each other using technology.  She said they could create problems and check solutions to get the students involved.  This sounds like a fun idea, and is something I would like to talk to my mentee about!

Overall I feel like this week has been successful. As a result I feel hopeful and excited to finish up my mentor project paper.  I look forward to seeing the results of everyone else’s soon too.  Until then, hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment